(Mechanical Engineering Courses Only)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Use this form to request a prerequisite override for an undergraduate (100-400 level) ME course when you will be taking the prerequisite at another college or university. Submit a seperate form for each request.
- Upper-level (300-400) ME courses are restricted to ME majors unless otherwise stated on the MSU Description of Courses web site: https://reg.msu.edu/Courses/Search.aspx
- Transfer equivalents for many Michigan State courses can be found at: https://transfer.msu.edu/. For most out-of-state courses, you will need to ask the ME Advisor, Gaile Griffore, for help.
- After you have completed your transfer course with a grade of at least 2.0 ("C"), have an official transcript sent to: Office of Admissions, Hannah Administration Building, 426 Auditorium Road, Room 250, East Lansing, MI 48824-2604.
- Your transfer course must appear on your MSU record by the end of the first week of the semester for which you obtained the override. If necessary, you can fax, mail or hand deliver an unofficial transcript to the ME Advisor by the deadline, but be sure to write your MSU PID on it.
- ME Advisor: Gaile Griffore, Michigan State University, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, 2560 Engineering Bldg., East Lansing, MI 48824. Fax: 517-353-1750. E-mail: <email@example.com>
- VERY IMPORTANT: ONE reminder will be sent to your MSU NetID. However, if your transfer credits have not been recorded by MSU or you have not sent an unofficial transcript to Gaile by the deadline, your registration in the ME course for which you received an override WILL BE CANCELLED. If you have questions or concerns, contact Gaile before the deadline for help.
- You will be contacted through your MSU NetID account about the status of your request.