The Advisory Board of the Department of Mechanical Engineering provides assistance in facilitating the highest quality of mechanical education at Michigan State. The Board reports to the Chair of Mechanical Engineering and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Acts as an advisory group to the Department Chair on specific issues.
- Advises the Department to ensure that educational, research and outreach programs stay attuned to the needs of Department stakeholders such as industry (private and public corporations), governmental bodies, academic institutions, non-profits and the community.
- Advises on the undergraduate and graduate curriculum of the Department.
- Advises and assist the Department on ways to raise resources from Department stakeholders.
- Serves as an advocate to represent the Department’s interests to Department stakeholders and to the Administration of the University.
The 2021-2022 Advisory Board
|Nick Bofferding||Meritor||Royal Oak, MI|
|Jeff Brown||General Motors||Detroit, MI|
|Dr. Laura Hudy||GE Customer Applications||Schenectady, NY|
|Matthew M. Jorge||Marshall,Gerstein & Borun LLP||Chicago, IL|
|Adam Kotrba||Tenneco||Jackson, MI|
|Brad Kruchten||Eastman Kodak||Pittsford, NY|
|Marcia Lampela||Discovery Partners Institute||Chicago, IL|
|Adam Nohel||Unifrax LLC||Sylvania, OH|
|Todd Pleiness||Mahle||Detroit, MI|
|Jeffrey F. (Jeff) Rhoads||School of Mechanical Engineering Purdue University||West Lafayette, IN|
|Dr. Tom Shih||School of Aeronautics and Astronautics Purdue University||West Lafayette, IN|
|Lisa Sparrow||Utilities, Inc.||Vacouver, Canada|
|Bobby Warren||Siemens||Charlotte, NC|
GM North America Product Development (retired)
|Tom Wielenga||Engineering Insight LLC||Hollywood,FL|
|Jennifer Wightman||Mahle||Commerce Twp.MI|